Sunday, April 17, 2011

I can has: Persocom Ears!

If you're familiar with Chobits,  you'll know what persocom ears are. If you don't, go here.

I finally made myself a decent pair of persocom ears! XD For this project, I used a small amount of rubber sheet, spray paint (in white and rose pink), greco glue, and a white headband.



I read a few tutorials online on how to make the ears, then modified some details. The ears turned out to be slightly pointy compared to the original one. Plus, I should have used a lighter shade of pink (will get a can soon!).



The hair clip/tube things are simple tubes. They were pretty simple to make: just make a 1 in. tube with 3/4 in. diameter, then 1/3 in rings with slightly wider diameter for the white part.




In case you're curious about how I attach the hair clip/tube things on my wig, I simply 'thread' my wig into the clip/tube using a piece of hair elastic (just like how you use a needle threader), pull up the clip/tube, tie your wig on the spot where you want the hair clip/tube to stay using one or two elastics (just make sure that the elastics will fit inside the hair clip/tube), then pull back the clips/tubes. Make sure that the elastics are well hidden inside the tubes.


Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my work. It still needs a few tweaks, nothing major. :D


Just for reference, here are my old (crappy) persocom ears.  They're faaaaaar from good (made them without using any tutorials), but they still did the job years ago. I still keep them for memories. :D



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment