Friday, February 4, 2011

I can has: Card Captor Sakura's Star Staff

When I first cosplayed Sakura from Card Captor Sakura, I only borrowed a staff because I didn't have time to make one. Months later, I had the urge to make a staff for myself, so I picked up some scrap rubber sheet (remnants of some other props project I made months ago), bought a new can of spray paint, bought gems, and looked for the perfect star tutorial online for the staff head.

Finding a material for the star was difficult. Most online tutorials only cater to stars made out of paper, and we all know that paper won't stand spray paint, plus they'll get destroyed easily. Paper mache is another option, but I don't have time to do that.

Finally, after a tiring day from work, I dropped by the department store and there was a perfect star with the perfect size in the Christmas ornament bin! Ha! XD

Two nights later, I finally have my own star staff:


Staff Head.

The wing part was only temporary because I ran out of white paint to cover the rubber sheet wings. The red gem was bought from Divisoria.



Here's the staff in full. I think its about 2/5 ft long, including the staff head. I still need to update the bottom part, which needs a red gem as well.

The head and bottom of the staff are detachable, which makes it easier for me to carry it while travelling.


If you're interested in having a Star Staff made, I would be more than happy to make one for you! I think I can still make two more, since I still have two extra stars at home. Just leave a message here. :D

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: