Thursday, January 27, 2011

I can has: Cookie Hat!

When I first saw Katy Perry's California Gurls video, one of the things that I wanted to have was her cookie hat. I forgot about it until months later, after finishing a commissioned hat, I had a bit of creative burst and decided to make a cookie hat for myself.

Here's Katy Perry in her super cute Girl Scout outfit:


From unicornology.tumblr.com


And here's my own version of the cookie hat:



I used my usual custom beret pattern (I was too lazy to find a different tutorial to make a hat that exactly looks like Katy's hat) and simply added the chocolate bits. I opted not to add sequins (for the sugar detail?) because I don't sequins in general.

My original idea was to have flat chocolate bits, but it looked too boring. So I stuffed some poly-fill in each chocolate bit and - tada! a very cute cookie hat. It also serves as my personal pseudo bubble wrap while working.

Most people thought its a mushroom hat though. OTL Some even thought its a turtle hat. Come on people, when you think about mushrooms, do you first imagine it as light brown with dark spots? Do turtles come in brown shells? Haha. I noticed though that those who first thought that this was a cookie hat were kids, while those who thought it was a mushroom hat were adults. Heh. :3

Maybe I should make myself a mushroom hat *evil planssss*.


If you're interested in buying this hat, please leave me a message! I would love to make one for you! Just leave a message. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. How much for a cookie hat? What measurements would you need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a beautiful cookie hat, and it's a unique piece. Please see my blog on Basque Beret Caps and get information about Beret Caps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this blog. If you want to get more attractive Fashion Beret Caps . Then visit us.

    ReplyDelete