Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WIP: Chibi Plushies

Just a quick update before I go back to my work station. :)

I usually work on random things in between commissioned projects, just to keep my mind clear (and sane). Most of the time I need distractions to be able to work properly. Weird, I know. So while planning out how to make hair for plushies like Jack Frost, I decided to work on a totally different plush style: Chibi plushies!

Naked plushies! UNSEEEE~ (quoted from my ex-officemate)

I made the pattern myself. The body was pretty simple to make. It only took me less than 30 minutes to cut and sew the head and body. The hair took a bit of time to develop though, took me a few trials to make the perfect pattern for boys and girls hair. In speaking of hair, they're WIGS! Yes, plushies with wigs! Since I regularly change my hair style (only minimal though), I wanted to be able to change their hairstyles easily without having to snip thread. As you see above, I simply interchanged their wigs to make a totally different characters.

I'm currently working on clothes for these chibis. I made them a set of clothes for Valentine's but its not yet perfect. Will post it soon.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you had the hair and body templates for this plush ^_^ I am trying to make a aomine daiki plush for a friend of mine and since I am new to this, I was wondering what the templates looked like. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete