Sunday, January 16, 2011

Plushies: Bunnies + Jack Frost

When I was in grade school, one of our school projects was to make a pink rabbit plush toy using the patterns and materials supplied to us. I was very fascinated with how plushies are made - I've been somewhat collecting them since I was a kid, and making one was an awesome experience.

Ten years later, I found a DIY Bear pack from Clipper. I made a pair of bear plushies, one for me and one for my bf (no pictures, sorry!). And they were poorly made, haha. But I enjoyed making them, and since then, I vowed to improve my skills in plush making.

I've been making plushies for a while now. I have yet to take proper pictures of the first few decent ones I made, so here's two of my recent favorites:

bunny army

I made two of these months ago. One to give to a client and the other for myself. My Mom liked how they looked, so she asked me to teach her how to make them to give away for Christmas. I think she made around 40 pieces. She's still making a few more pieces for my grandma (who will give them away as gifts too!).

We think its a perfect gift - its cute, unique, plus 2011 is the year of the Rabbit. Awesome right?


Next is a commission-turned-Christmas gift for a friend. She asked me to make a Jack Frost plushie months ago, but it took me months to finish this. I was still hand sewing stuff back and I had a hard time finding a  good embroidery shop. My usual fabric supplier doesn't have the right fabric color for Jack Frost's outfit too, so meh. In the end, I decided to just give it as a gift.

Jack Frost Persona Custom


In case you're wondering, here's the original Jack Frost from Persona 3:




I still need more practice in my plushie-making skills, but I think I'm doing ok! More posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment