Saturday, January 22, 2011

Commission: Fleece Hat with Ear Flaps

Hello! I recently finished two commissioned hats for my Mom's officemate. Here they are!


purple hat with ear flaps
Purple

red hat with ear flaps
Red

I'm not really sure how these are called - fleece beanies with ear flaps? Haha. I need to do my research. At least I was able to make them exactly as my client described.

I used the basic fleece hat pattern by clearkid (from deviantart), then modified the bottom part to accommodate the ear flaps (apparently, he/she already put up a tutorial for hats with ear flaps. I only discovered this after I made the purple hat). To make the yarn pom-poms, I used a tiny pompom maker device that looks like this:


large-pom-pom-maker.jpg (500×500)
Photo from shoponline2011.com

I got mine from a local anime convention for only 50 pesos! As for the type of yarn, I use the brand Red Heart since it produces the best-looking pompoms. I believe you can make your own pompom maker with circular pieces of cardboard, but I haven't tried that method yet. I'll put up a tutorial as soon as I get to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment