Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Chikara Hats

Whenever I go to anime conventions here in the Philippines, I always see stalls selling chikara hats. I find them really cute. I would've bought one but somehow conventions are always scheduled on the days when I'm broke. Haha. There's a cheaper version of chikara hats though (the ones made with soft felt), but I want the fleece ones since they're soft and are easy to maintain - just throw them in the washing machine and they're good as new.

Being the cheapo that I am, I decided to just make one on my own. I Googled for possible sources locally and by some luck, I found a blogpost about an awesome fabric shop in Divisoria! Days later, I made myself this:

Photobucket

And this,

Photobucket

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I used a tutorial on making the hat base from Deviantart (I will look for that tut, I promise!) and did the ear pattern myself. They were my first ones and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Here's a pic of me wearing the bunny hat:

Photobucket


I'm currently accepting commissions on these hats (plus some other hats that I will be blogging about in the next few days). If you're interested, just leave a message here or send me an email at madz.nievera@yahoo.com.

10 comments:

  1. ~cuute.
    may i ask, where in divi did you buy that po? :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chiie! I made them myself, I only bought my fabric from Divisoria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Sorry, I forgot to write the word 'fabric' on that sentence about the shop in Divisoria. Sorry!

    Man, I am rusty with this blogging thing. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where in divisoria?? please please I really need fleece fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its along Ilaya. :D Just ask around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! how much is the fleece fabric per yard? i'm planning to make my own laptop sleeve so i can estimate how much cash should i bring along since maraming "magna" at "mandu" sa Divisoria. thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi where exactly at Ylaya St can I buy fleece? And how much is it per yard?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi where exactly at Ylaya St can I buy fleece? And how much is it per yard?

    ReplyDelete