Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello World!

Hello! Welcome to DIY Lunacy! This will be my little corner here in Blogspot for all my sewing and D.I.Y projects.

I've been making small accessories and trinkets for a few years now. It started when I was browsing online lolita shops back in college - I wanted to buy a lot of their stuff but my poor wallet cannot buy any of those pretty accessories. So I decided to test my creativity. I scoured for easy online tutorials, picked up a yards of lace and ribbons, and made myself a lolita headpiece.

black and red lolita headpiece

And another,

black and white lolita headpiece

then a choker.

lace choker with locket

A lot of my friends liked my work, some even encouraged me to sell them online (I tried, and failed though. haha).

Back then, I was starting to get into cosplaying as well - a pretty pricey hobby for a college student with a meager allowance. With a bit of creativity and keen eye on detail, I started to play with other materials and ended up making a chest plate and crown for my Princess Emeraude costume.

45521_421098210355_587275355_5272174_3355711_n

Right now, I'm mostly making plushies (yes, plushies!) which I will be sharing to you guys very soon! So stay tuned, and thank you for visiting DIY Lunacy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Welcome to blogger! :D Im happy to join you here :> thanks for following me!

    Your creations I must admit looks classy and quality-wise!

    will be crossing my fingers for your next posts! much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yapo! (err, Yapo or Yaptus? haha)I've been reading your blog for quite a while now. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete